Lodge 598 re-create First Meeting

On Friday 1st March this year, Lodge St John Tulliallan No 598, celebrated its 135th Anniversary.

To mark the occasion the Lodge re-created the very first meeting of the Lodge in the very same premises as the first meeting, The Unicorn Inn, in Kincardine.

The first meeting was held in the Unicorn on the 1st March 1877 after the Lodge had been granted it’s charter on the 5th February the same year.

Due to the size of the room the numbers were very limited to this event and the Right Worshipful Provincial Grand Master Bro Andrew A McKinnon represented Provincial Grand Lodge accompanied by Immediate Past Provincial Grand Master Bro John McKenzie.

The Lodge was opened by the RWM of the Lodge, Bro James Methven, who welcomed all present and Bro John Dick PM & Secretary read the minute of the first meeting He then went on to give a brief background of the first Office-bearers of the Lodge and the history.

During the evening the RW Master, Bro James Methven, conferred honorary membership of the Lodge onto the Right Worshipful Provincial Grand Master, Bro Andrew A McKinnon. Bro Alistair McGregor also presented Bro Andrew with a handmade mallet and base as a memento of the evening.

The RWPGM Bro McKinnon thanked the RWM and Brethren of the Lodge for this great honour.

The Lodge was closed and the Brethren retired to an excellent meal provided by the Unicorn Inn, Kincardine.

Congratulations to Lodge St John Tulliallan and a special thanks to Bro John Dick PM & Secretary of the Lodge for organising this historical and memorable event.